door default size

I set the interior door default width to 32". Every interior door I place in this new plan is 30". Using 10.06a. Anybody else have this problem?

Liz

No proplem here.Did you set it in the right place. Double click on the door tool and choose interior.
    Allen Colburn

I was placing doorways. I changed the default to hinged and placed a door that came in at the right size. Seems that a doorway should place at the same default size.

I find it easier to place a doorway then open it the direction I want the swing to go. But if I have to change the size, it's faster to use the buttons to get the swing right.
    Liz

Liz, if you're using V10, place the 30" doorway in your plan and change to 32". Save the 32" doorway to the Library and then add the door to the "Library Object Button" to place on your toolbar.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

When you change the default you can change it to an open instead of hinged if that's what you want.
    In 10 there are child buttons to change swing and hinge.
    Reread your reply not sure what is the fastest way.
    Allen Colburn
    Last edited by Allen42acj; 09-22-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Are these doors going in narrow hallways? If so, you might check a camer view on one that changed to 30" - the casing size might not allow a 32" door in the space you are trying to place it in. Or, double check your interior door defaults again.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I set the default door to 32" width and the door type to hinged. When a door is placed in the wall it is 32". Then change the default type to "doorway" leaving the 32" width. When I place a door in the same wall (lots of space around it, nothing in the way) it is 30" wide. Try it.

Liz

It might be a bug.I tryed 32" and 2'8" but keep getting the same as you.It should be the same size.
    Allen Colburn

It seems that the default width for doorways is 30" for interior and 36" for exterior and it can not be changed. Even though it looks like it is changed in the door default dbx.

Can anyone from ART tell us if this has to be this way or should be reported as a bug?

Liz