Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 is out

This is Just like Christmas

Yeahhhh HIP HIP!!! HURRAY
    Larez

For those that have ordered it or are in the know.

If I have 9.5 right now can I just upgrade it from an online download or do I need the CD? Also does a new hardware key come with Version 10 or how does that work? This is my first upgrade.

it will be a physical shipment...the manual and probably at least 4CDs, and a new dongle

Out of curiousity if I still want to use Chief 9.5 for old plans and Chief 10 for new ones can I have them both installed on the same computer? Or one installed on one computer and one installed on another?

Thanks for the heads-up, Louis.

B.T.W. what is usually included with the upgrade? Just a program upgrade CD? A new manual or an amendment to the existing manual? New tutorial CDs?

EDIT

Thanks, Tim.
    Looks like you answered while I was typing.
    Last edited by styleito; 01-31-2005 at 08:01 PM.

You can have them both on one computer.

I would strongly advise leaving 9.54 on and do a new install of 10.00
    For one if you have other people that you transfer with.
    Quirks in the system. Etc....
    You can Find me on http://www.facebook.com/RickThomas100
    Thank GOD for Avatars ! So ugly people can hide behind them ! LOL
    Computer User since Atari 400
    AutoCad 9.0 to 2012 till Chief Came along.
    Chief User Since Version 4.0
    Building New Homes for 35 years.
    Don't let anybody fool you ! A home builder with CAD under his belt that actually uses a hammer and computer will run circles around the Desk jockey's playing with their mouse.

V10 will ship in a new box, with a new reference manual and getting started guide, a new hardware lock, 3 program CD's, and 2 CD's of tutorial videos.

You can run V10 on the same machine as V9.5 but you should not install V10 "on top of" v9.5. You will need to have both hardware locks plugged in to run both programs. V10 will have no problems finding the V10 lock, but you might have to switch the order for V9.5 to find it's lock.

We have worked very hard to make sure your V9.5 plans will automatically convert into V10 with no required manual work. Some users may still prefer to finish their older plans in the older version and this will work fine.

The new manual for V10 has an appendix in the back, Appendix B, that will have some very detailed information for upgrade users. I highly recommend that you read this section first because it will give you an overview of the new features as well as helpful tips for bringing old plans forward with the least amount of problems.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

Im still learning, but it looks like it had a lot of feautes I would love and hard to imagine not having
    looks like Chief really does listen to their customers/clients

just upgraded computer and printer, now another toy comes out, ouch.
    but then again V10 will probabally make my new computer outdated

didnt someone mention a $50 coupon someplace.

Thanks
    Last edited by Niuoka; 02-01-2005 at 09:37 AM.

There was a show discount for anyone that ordered V10 at the IBS show. There are no other discounts available at this time.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principal Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

I see that there are also all sorts of extras available once again for the new upgrade.
    I can see the client viewer again, but have questions on some others.

Does the Roof Designer and Kitchen Designer from V9 work in 10? I would think so if 10 can import v9 plans? I never opened the Roof Designer CDs I have; just never got to it!

Can V10 save plans in older formats also, at least back to v9.5?

I also understand, but don't like, that ART has dropped the Pro Mobile Version they developed for small contractors/designers a few versions ago. The capacity to have two licenses and two dongles was well worth the cost compared to what if you left the office with the laptop but without the dongle for a client meeting. I have had some polite discussions with the sales and marketing department about this both at the IBS SHow and via email and in no way agree with their decision. I feel as a long-time user for many versions I helped ART grow to what it is; one of the top 2 choices for residential designers! I also feel that ART no longer cares about a few ruffled feathers such as mine. Well, when my truck goes in for service they still give me a loaner, truck after truck after truck. Must be something in that!

By the way, when I saw the size of the booth ART had at IBS I was impressed!
    Last edited by James Eggert; 02-01-2005 at 11:10 AM.
    Take Care

Jim

Originally posted by James Eggert
    I see that there are also all sorts of extras available once again for the new upgrade.
    I can see the client viewer again, but have questions on some others.

Does the Roof Designer and Kitchen Designer from V9 work in 10? I would think so if 10 can import v9 plans? I never opened the Roof Designer CDs I have; just never got to it!

Can V10 save plans in older formats also, at least back to v9.5?

I also understand, but don't like, that ART has dropped the Pro Mobile Version they developed for small contractors/designers a few versions ago. The capacity to have two licenses and two dongles was well worth the cost compared to what if you left the office with the laptop but without the dongle for a client meeting. I have had some polite discussions with the sales and marketing department about this both at the IBS SHow and via email and in no way agree with their decision. I feel as a long-time user for many versions I helped ART grow to what it is; one of the top 2 choices for residential designers! I also feel that ART no longer cares about a few ruffled feathers such as mine. Well, when my truck goes in for service they still give me a loaner, truck after truck after truck. Must be something in that!

[SIZE=3]I COULDNT AGREE MORE ![/SIZE]

They are now getting greedy I love the moble version with one Hardware lock and one software lock.

Thier is no added cost to them other than greed

And I bet we will have to contribute for FREE again to point out all the bugs. 10.1 , 10.2 upto 10.54.

I just paid $ 645.00 for the Enterprise Upgrade
    You can Find me on http://www.facebook.com/RickThomas100
    Thank GOD for Avatars ! So ugly people can hide behind them ! LOL
    Computer User since Atari 400
    AutoCad 9.0 to 2012 till Chief Came along.
    Chief User Since Version 4.0
    Building New Homes for 35 years.
    Don't let anybody fool you ! A home builder with CAD under his belt that actually uses a hammer and computer will run circles around the Desk jockey's playing with their mouse.

Dermot,
    Is the current price a new intro offering, and will it go up ina few weeks, I really need to wait a few weeks if I can
    thanks