Thank You
    David

David change your F dim. in the dbx box
    Ray
    Residential Design Services, Inc.
    RRGC@AOL.COM
    Chief user V2 To X6

Thanks Ray,

But I also need to raise the top of my garage concrete wall to match the top of the concrete walls on the house,
    the 7 1/2" to the floor is ok.

Sorry I failed to say that earlier

David

I needed to change "A" "B" "D" and "F"

Thanks for getting me in the correct direction

David

There are at least a couple of ways to do this.

First off, in the words of Michael Pach, who has taught me most of what I know about this program, you have to get your platform heights right, soooo, let's pretend you haven't drawn this house, yet.

Draw the house. Without telling it anything, the floor height of the entire main floor is set to zero. Now put on the garage by either adding it with exterior walls or drawing an interior wall (which you'll have to put 5/8" fire wall sheetrock on the garage side, either now or later (now would be best). Select your garage space and open the dialog box and label it a garage, because chief will treat it differently, like put a concrete floor in it and put the foundation at a particular level.

Now, let's say you're only building a single story house. Your main floor is at zero, and at the moment, so is the garage. Now is the time to set that floor height, by selecting the garage room, opening the dialog box and setting the floor height to a negative number, such as the '15" you wanted, or whatever.

Now, with platforms at the correct height, you can add basement, foundation/footings and then roof, rather than trying to manipulate floor heights after you've put these levels on.

But, what if you've already added the roof and basement, and perhaps a second story, with lots of time and labor, and then realize the garage needs to be at a different level. You can still click in the garage, on the main floor level, and raise or lower the floor, but realize that other things may be affected by this, which brings us right back to Michael Pach and "Get those platform heights right before you do anything else".

Hope this helps.
    Good luck.
    Mike

Thank You Mike,

This helps a Lot

David